- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 15 hours ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 7 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 11 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 12 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 12 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 15 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 15 days ago
Upcoming Events from the Los Peñaquitos Canyon Preserve
Posted on September 7, 2012
Night-owl Walk – the Crepuscular Preserve
Sat. Sept 8, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
The shadowy time between night and day is another world. We’ll visit an 1800’s historic gravesite, listen to night sounds and watch for bats and owls on this two and a half hour easy hike with naturalist Brian Swanson. Wear sturdy shoes, bring field glasses and a flashlight, and be prepared for a cool evening. Meet at the west end of Canyonside Park Driveway, 1 block west of Black Mtn. Rd. at the Preserve sign at the beginning of the white ranch house fence. 12350 Black Mtn. Rd., San Diego.
Night Hike with Mike Kelly
Fri. Sept 25, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Naturalist Mike Kelly leads this moderately paced, flat hike to enjoy the Preserve at night and see wildlife including deer, bats, and tarantulas. Meet at the kiosk at the corner of Park Village Road and Camino del Sur in Rancho Peñasquitos.
For more information visit www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/penasq.shtml.