- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 9 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 14 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 14 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 16 days ago
Transportation Solutions for Older Adults
Posted on July 25, 2012
Jewish Family Service of San Diego’s On the Go: Transportation Solutions for Older Adults program has been named as one of the eight recipients of The Beverly Foundation’s 2012 STAR Special Recognition Award, given to senior transportation services to help them promote and provide their services. Jewish Family Service intends to use the $10,000 award to reach its 2012 goal of recruiting 100 new volunteer drivers and to fund vehicle expenses for the program’s back-up drivers.
The Beverly Foundation’s mission focuses on senior transportation and mobility, and emphasizes transportation options for older adults that are essential to their ability to get where they need to go when they have limited their driving or have outlived their driving expectancy.
For more information call 619-220-0268 or visit www.jfssd.org/onthego.