- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 5 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 10 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 13 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 13 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 13 days ago
The Tseng Family Gives PQ the Howl of Approval
Posted on July 26, 2012
The Tseng family moved to Peñasquitos to nurture their passions. Already well-established in their fields, they chose PQ because they found it down-to-earth and friendly, and because helping people like that is what the Tsengs are all about.
“We have a vision to inspire people to find their calling through identifying their gifts and working toward the highest level of excellence in whatever they do,” explained Paul. Both Paul and Katie do that in their own unique way – Katie, through her teaching, and Paul through his writing. But that’s not how it all started.
Katie emigrated from China to New York when she was 12. Katie and Paul are both strongly rooted in their faith and actually met in New York at the church Paul’s father founded. They dated while Katie earned her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at New York University and Paul completed his at Juilliard. When Paul began his doctorate at Johns Hopkins University, they got engaged.
Paul worked as a professional musician for a time, then shifted gears and worked in the IT field for 13 years. In 2006, he became a professional writer. He now writes full-time under a pen name and has produced bestsellers on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. He has also won The International Book Award, the Forward National Literature Award and the USA Book News Best Books Award.
[pullquote_left] “We have a vision to inspire people to find their calling…” ~ Paul Tseng [/pullquote_left]
Katie’s passion is education. She’s won multiple awards for her contributions to the community working with youth in Brooklyn, NY and ultimately founded Legacy Montessori, a Christian elementary school in Poway. She believes the Christian values, small class sizes and academic freedom she provides brings the best out of her students.
Now the Tsengs are enjoying building on their accomplishments here in PQ. Paul continues writing and Katie manages her school and conducts free parenting seminars. They have two children, Alex and Mackenzie, in elementary school, and Paul added, ““We’re very involved in our church community and are small group leaders there.” But life isn’t all serious. They enjoy travel, reading, games and Texas Hold ‘Em. And, according to Paul, “Once in a while, on a full moon, while driving through the neighborhood, we open the moon roof of our car and howl at the moon like a pack of wolves.”