- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 6 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 10 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 11 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 11 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 11 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 11 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 11 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 14 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 14 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 14 days ago
San Diego Music Award Nominee
Posted on July 24, 2012
The Lonesome Georges jazz quartet was recently nominated for the San Diego Music Awards’ Best New Artist category for their unique mixture of traditional, Latin and blues-flavored contemporary jazz sound. Their album Simple Harmonic Motion features music written and/or arranged by 2012 Westview High Graduate Ben Statz, the quartet’s pianist. The band, also comprised of Ben Levinson (bass), Daniel Shaughnessy (saxophone) and Nick Velez (drums), is named after the last Pinta Island tortoise in existence – the only one left of its kind. He was the rarest animal in the world.
All four band members are 2012 graduates and will be attending three different colleges in the the fall: CalArts, Cal Poly SLO and UCLA.
The CD, plus more information on the band can be found at www.cdbaby.com/artist/thelonesomegeorges and will soon be available on iTunes, Amazon MP3 and more.