- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
Local 2nd Grader Pursues it All with a Healthy Smile
Posted on July 22, 2012
Six-year-old local of Rancho Peñasquitos, Natasha Mar, aspires to become a dentist. She explained, “When I was four years old, I decided I wanted to be a dentist for children since my uncle is a dentist and I like to clean my own teeth. I want to help other kids to have healthy teeth.” Due to the support of her hardworking mom and Natasha’s own enthusiasm and strong work ethic, she is likely to succeed at anything she decides to pursue. Currently, an entering second grader at The Cambridge School, a private school in Rancho Peñasquitos, she enthusiastically pursues music, academic subjects and sports.
Natasha’s half-hour nightly piano practices have been extremely productive. She’s placed first for the last two years during national piano playing auditions, and she received superior ratings in the National Federation of Music Clubs’ Junior Festival in 2011 and 2012. Also, as a member of the San Diego Children’s Choir, she has sung “The Star-Spangled Banner” at a Padres game and the opera, Noah’s Flood, at Copley Symphony Hall.
Natasha’s favorite subjects comprise reading, math, art, Latin and Mandarin. Every night she completes reading and math homework supplied by Kumon, an after-school academic enrichment program individualized for each child. She especially enjoys reading her chapter books before going to sleep. According to Natasha, “In addition to learning Latin and Mandarin, I can also speak Thai because my mother is from Bangkok, Thailand.”
Sports that Natasha enjoys include ballet, swimming and gymnastics. Last year Natasha performed in the California Ballet’s productions of Alice and Wonderland and The Nutcracker because she really loves to dance.
Inspired by the mom who supports her every day, Natasha states, “My mother is so wonderful. She signed me up for these fun classes when I was very young. I love them all! I love my mom.” And her mom makes sure Natasha has time to play as well. Natasha especially enjoys attending the parties her parents host in their backyard and playing with her energetic puppy, Biscuit.
Name: Natasha Mar
School: The Cambridge School
Parents: Ron and Nikki
Pets: Puppy, Biscuit