- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 5 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 10 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 10 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 13 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 13 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 13 days ago
Holocaust Survivor Visits Mt. Carmel
Posted on July 24, 2012
Mount Carmel High School students were treated to a presentation by holocaust survivor Hanna Marx in late May. The inspirational speech of survival was well received by a standing room only crowd of students.
Hanna was only 13 years old when she and her family had to pack their suitcases and leave home by train. For three years Hanna was a slave laborer in a Nazi concentration camp, and her father as well as two brothers had been killed by the Germans.
Near the end of WWII, Hanna was among the 5,000 Jews that were forced to take part in the Death March that lasted three months. She was one of only 300 that were still alive at liberation. Mount Carmel High School hopes to have Hanna back in the future to share her tale of strength to students.
Photo by Dr. Larry Herring (left to right): Marina Danneker, Vice-president of the MCHS JTSG; Talya Herring, President of the Jewish Teen Social Group; Hanna Marx, Holocaust survivor and guest speaker; Dawn Kastner, Principal of MCHS; Greg Magno, Assistant Principal MCHS.