- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 12 hours ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 8 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 11 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 12 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 13 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 15 days ago
Fire-Breathing DRAGONS Join the Greatest Show on Earth®
Posted on July 26, 2012
[box_dark]WIN FREE TICKETS! email your favorite family photos to firstname.lastname@example.org[/box_dark]
There are certain events that mark a childhood – experiences that kids remember for a lifetime. A trip to see the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey® Circus is certainly one of those, and even San Diegans who’ve seen the circus before have yet to see a show like this. Fire-breathing, flying, fantastical DRAGONS have joined the Greatest Show on Earth®!
- The Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey® Circus is bringing San Diegans a legendary once-in-a-millennium event celebrating the year of the dragon. Some of the extraordinary performers include:
- The Shaolin Warriors with their Kung Fu martial arts.
- Alexander Lacey, making his U.S. debut presents the only mixed-cat act of its kind with tigers and lions together.
- Cossack Riders who amaze with their equestrian acrobatics.
- The Flying Caceres who perform on the only double-decker trapeze in the world.
Plus daredevil motorcyclists in the Globe of Steel, the Russian Bar Renegades and Teeterboard Titans troupes, double motorcycle high-wire stunts, Clown Alley, the majestic Ringling Bros. Asian elephants, lions, tigers, dogs, cats, and so much more!
According to Lindsay Santa, spokesperson for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey® Circus, be sure to arrive early. “Come one hour before show time for each performance to meet our performers and animals on the show floor at the interactive ‘all-access pre-show’, which is free for all ticket holders. Families can take pictures and get up close to see the animals, learn juggling and balancing skills and get performer autographs,” said Lindsay.
It’s a major production just getting the circus to each stop within the 90-city U.S. tour. Like circuses of yesteryear, this production travels across the country by train, averaging 350 miles between cities and preparing over 109,000 meals each year in the Pie Car, the traveling diner. The Ringling Bros. train is making a four day stop in San Diego at the Valley View Casino Center (formerly known as the Sports Arena) from Thursday, August 23 – Sunday, August 26, 2012. Ticket prices are $17, $23, $40 (VIP, $55 (front row), and $85 (Circus Celebrity). All seats are reserved; tickets available thru Ticketmaster.com, charge by phone at 800-745-3000 or visit the Valley View Casino Center Box Office.