- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 9 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 14 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 14 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 16 days ago
Canyon Springs Church is Changing Lives One at a Time
Posted on July 27, 2012
When Jack Hawkins founded Canyon Springs Church, he was uncertain of what the future held, but knew he was on the right path. “My wife, Jilane, and I knew in our hearts that God was leading us to start a church,” explained Hawkins.The first service at Canyon Springs Church was on December 6, 1998, at the Scripps Ranch Library. Hawkins was beyond ecstatic when 103 people showed up. Fast forward to 2012 and Canyon Springs Church has grown exponentially, with 10 staff members and hundreds of volunteers. “Thousands have walked through our doors and hundreds have made life-changing decisions to follow Jesus,” said Hawkins.
According to Hawkins, the Canyon Springs mission statement, “It’s about the One,” is the cornerstone of the church. “The One refers to our relationship with Jesus and also our purpose as believers. Once we are in a relationship with the One, our goal is to grow and mature so that God can use us to reach the next one,” said Hawkins.
Currently, Sunday services are held at Thurgood Marshall Middle School at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. According to Hawkins, the 70-minute worship service is casual and inspiring, with upbeat and contemporary music. “The messages from the Bible will challenge you, make you laugh, make you think and connect you with a God who wants to help you write the next chapter of your life,” noted Hawkins.
As mentioned by Hawkins, the congregation at Canyon Springs Church consists of families in all stages of life—from new parents to empty nesters—and offers men’s, women’s, children’s, youth and special needs ministries, as well as small groups. “We provide opportunities to serve our church and our community. We also have a global impact with ministry teams that travel to Haiti and Uganda on a regular basis,” added Hawkins.
As for the future, Canyon Springs Church is looking for a building that will provide them with a permanent home from which they can continue their ministry. “God has brought together a great team of visionary leaders who are ready to help write a brave new story for Canyon Springs’ future,” said Hawkins.