- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
Boys & Girls Clubs’ Rhythm & Vine Event
Posted on July 25, 2012
Over 700 people gathered to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego at the Broadway Pier in June during the Rhythm & Vine event. The party at the pier – featuring hot tunes, gourmet food, a live auction and award-winning wine – was hosted by Top Chef: Miami finalist and restaurant mogul, Brian Malarkey.
Aside from the people who attended, 60 exhibitors and 100 volunteers also participated. Vice President of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego, Brandon Horrocks, expressed gratitude when talking with 92127 about the support from attendees, restaurants and boards. He commented, “Our main priority is providing a safe, fun and affordable place for kids. We want to change lives.” With summer months coming, the Clubs see an increase in children attending – instead of afterschool programs, children are spending entire days with the Clubs at all 17 locations.
Fundraising plays a big role in the success of the Boys & Girls Clubs. 4S Ranch Site Supervisor Jack Nguyen explained, “Generous contributions allow for a quality program that can really impact kids’ lives.”
For more information on how to get involved with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego, please visit: www.sdyouth.org.