- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 15 hours ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 8 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 13 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 13 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 15 days ago
Singing Sensation Astraea Isn’t Afraid to Get a Little Dirty
Posted on June 1, 2012
Astraea, a.k.a. Nikki Moulios, is a San Diego native who is making a name for herself on the music scene as a high-energy singer/songwriter who isn’t afraid to get dirty. Astraea is the whole package – talent, looks and attitude. Her album, Dirty Blonde, has been described as “dance-floor ready” with in-your-face lyrics and driving beats produced by Miklos Malek (The X-factor). Astraea is poised and ready to make it big and when she does, get ready to get dirty and have some fun.
“Music is the fabric of my being. When I’m not around it or partaking in it, I feel unfulfilled. I’m happy to say that I chose a career that is a combination of drama, music and storytelling. There’s nothing else I’d rather do,” says the pop chanteuse who started singing at age six.
Astraea describes her music as dance/pop and aspires to get teens and adults alike on the dance floor with her fun, flirty yet edgy style. She is definitely reaching the masses – she is the face of Dirty Blonde premium champagne cocktails which are carried in over 800 Target stores nationwide. “I partnered with Kristen [Kristen Raskopf, founder and CEO of Dirty Blonde Cocktails] when she heard my song. She fell in love with the lyrics, as well as my look, and thought I was a great representation for her company,” says Astraea, who is planning a West Coast tour for late summer 2012.
Astraea is currently working on her second EP album and has recently performed to sold-out crowds at Vlive in Chicago, Cuda Club in Portland, Oregon and local San Diego hotspot Barfly. She was also named one of Music Connection Magazine’s Hot 100 Artists List for 2011.
Although it may seem a far cry from where she is now, Astraea sang in the girl’s choir at San Pasqual High School. Her roots in San Diego run deep; her family owns Ciao Bella Hair and Body Salon in Rancho Bernardo. “My family has always been extremely supportive of my career.” says Astraea. “I’m lucky to have such a great family backing what I was born to do.”
Full Name: Nikki Moulio
Stage Name: Astraea
Profession:Singer, Songwriter, and Entertainer
Education: San Pascual High School, St Mary’s College of California, Music major