- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 4 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 10 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 14 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 15 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 15 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 17 days ago
PQ Resident Recieves State Award for Advocacy Work with Senior Citizen Issues
Posted on June 4, 2012
Rancho Peñasquitos resident Todd Shetter was honored in March for his advocacy work with seniors and senior health issues in California. Todd received the “Advocate of the Year Award” from the California Assisted Living Association (CALA).
Todd is currently the COO of San Diego-based ActivCare Living, a specialized residential memory care provider, and has more than 24 years of experience in the assisted living and memory care field. He is an active voice for individuals suffering from the different stages of memory loss. “CALA is incredibly appreciative of the work Todd has done on behalf of assisted living providers throughout the state,” said Sally Michael, CALA president.
Todd has served in many different advocacy roles. As a CALA board member, he is currently treasurer for the organization and has chaired the public policy committee for the last two years. He has also served as chairman of the board of directors of Glenner Alzheimer’s Family Centers and is a former board member of Senior Community Centers in downtown San Diego.