- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 5 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 10 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 10 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 13 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 13 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 13 days ago
Poway Sushi Lounge Has Found the Recipe For Success
Posted on June 1, 2012
It seems like every corner you turn there is another new sushi restaurant to try, and with San Diegans always seeking the freshest sushi spot around, it’s a tough industry. Poway Sushi Lounge remains on top of its game. With its casual and welcoming environment, the place sings to the beachy San Diego crowd. And, by offering quality and fresh ingredients it keeps them coming back for more.
Business partners, Frank Interlandi and Katie Rooney started the restaurant after breaking off from another local sushi eatery in search of their own venture. “We reached a point where upward progress was no longer an option and we felt we could have success on our own, as we love the industry and cuisine,” said Rooney. “We found this spot in Poway – and after remodeling – opened in 2006.”
From the start, Frank and Katie knew that in order to succeed Poway Sushi Lounge would need to appeal to the masses. Today – almost 6 years later – it looks like they got it right. “I think we have been able to really capture all demographics through some aspect – the music, the wine and sake, the service, etc…” said Rooney.
The restaurant prides itself on offering a “fresh alternative with emphasis on the freshest ingredients.” With this mantra in mind, they have a “well-trained staff who knows how to spot product that is not up to PSL standards,” said Rooney, “it’s truly a group effort.”
The most popular item on the menu is the Tsunami Roll – grilled shrimp, asparagus, avocado and crab, topped with Cajun Albacore. Another customer favorite: the specialty sashimi dishes, such as the Citrus Chili Yellowtail and the Peppered Ahi. A gluten free menu and kid’s menu are also available.
And the rave reviews are in. Poway Sushi Lounge was voted Best Sushi by signonsandiego.com readers, won “Sushi Wars” on Channel 6, was a multiple winner of Channel 10’s “A-list,” and has been recognized by various local papers. “We really strive to be leaders in our industry,” said Rooney. “We are consistent with sourcing the best product and staying true to what we have always done, which is provide a place for anyone to come in and enjoy the freshest sushi.”
Poway Sushi Lounge devotees will be thrilled to learn that the restaurant is expanding to Encinitas this May.