- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 7 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 8 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 8 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
Diamond Gateway Women’s Organization 13th Annual Spring Luncheon & Fundraiser
Posted on March 28, 2012
Diamond Gateway Women’s Organization will present “Cruisin’ the Islands” at the 13th Annual Spring Luncheon and Fundraiser on Saturday, May 19, 2012, at Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club. Twilight Express will present a musical voyage beginning in Miami and traveling musically to the Florida Keys, Jamaica and other islands of the Caribbean, the South Pacific and ending in Hawaii.
Twilight Express features Maureen “Mo” Fleming-Mullins, John Mullins, and Rick Evans. Maureen is a singer, songwriter, musician and recording artist from San Francisco where she performed with various big bands and orchestras. After moving to Los Angeles she studied musical composition and keyboard and graduated from the famed Dick Grove Jazz conservatory. John Mullins graduated from Musician’s Institute in Los Angeles with a degree in bass and has played with various bands including currently playing with “Trumpets R Us” big band. He plays all styles including country, jazz, big band, and praise music. Rick Evans lived and worked in the Nevada lounge scene, traveled with the Mitzi Gaynor Road Show as a featured musical act and then spent ten years as musical director and cruise director on a cruise ship.
The proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit two charities:
- OPERATION AMERICA CARES sends care packages to the military who are serving far from home in combat areas where creature comforts are not available.
- MARY’S HOUSE, located in Escondido, is an 18-month transitional living program designed to meet the needs of at-risk and former female foster youth who have recently transitioned out of San Diego’s Foster Care System.
At the luncheon, there will be many silent auction baskets with great items as well as opportunity drawing baskets. In addition, we will have a Raffle with first prize being $500. Our event will begin at 10:30am and everyone is invited to attend. Advance reservations are required before May 5, 2012. Cost of the luncheon is $32 with a choice of 3 menu items to be ordered in advance. Contact Dael at 619-252-0804 for reservations or additional information.
Diamond Gateway Women’s Organization has members from all areas of North San Diego County including Rancho Penasquitos, Poway, Carmel Mountain Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Escondido, San Marcos and other areas.