- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
What’s New in PQ?
Posted on January 28, 2012
The Rancho Peñasquitos Town Council hopes your 2012 is off to a great start. We’ve set some lofty goals for this year and we need your help to see them come to fruition. As we kick off our Community Partnership Drive, we’re counting on your participation to help make it a great year for our whole community.
As you may already know, the Town Council is made up of volunteers whose mission is to serve, represent, and promote the interests of all PQ residents. We do this by supporting local individuals and organizations through community service grants and scholarships and hosting the annual “Fiesta de los Peñasquitos” community festival in May.
This summer the Council would like to sponsor additional free community events, such as an outdoor movie night, ice cream festival, or concert series. Events like these can help neighbors get to know each other, create a spirit of camaraderie and belonging, and promote goals that are important to us as proud PQ residents. If you’d like to be part of our efforts, please visit our web site (www.rpcouncil.com/community-partnerships) or pick up a flyer at the library, and make a donation today. Even $10 helps and we can’t do it without you.
Community engagement generates pride in our neighborhoods and helps us all take ownership of what goes on here. We invite everyone to register for community email updates on the Council web site or follow us on Facebook. Don’t miss hearing about our ongoing projects, like the utility box public art, new street banners, mayoral candidate debate, PQ Neighborhood Watch program, and the 2012 Fiesta. As always, if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, or would like to volunteer, please do not hesitate to contact us.