- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 5 hours ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 1 day ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 7 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 11 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 12 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 12 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 14 days ago
Principal Accepts Blue Ribbon Award
Posted on January 25, 2012
Principal Deanne McLaughlin accepted the U.S. Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon Award for Los Peñasquitos Elementary School at a conference and awards ceremony in Washington, D.C. in November.
The Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle, and high schools that are either high-performing or have improved student achievement to high levels, especially among disadvantaged students. Each year since 1982, the U.S. Department of Education has sought out schools where students attain and maintain high academic goals, including those that beat the odds.
PUSD now has 15 schools recognized as Blue Ribbon Schools, including: Bernardo Heights Middle (2000), Black Mountain Middle (1991, 2000), Chaparral Elementary (1992, 2001), Meadowbrook Middle (1985, 2000), Mesa Verde Middle (2000), Morning Creek Elementary (1994), Mt. Carmel High (1989, 2000), Park Village Elementary (2001), Pomerado Elementary (1990), Poway High (1991), Rancho Bernardo High (2000), Twin Peaks Middle (1984, 1991, 2000), Sundance Elementary (1988) and Westwood Elementary (2001).