- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 5 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 10 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 10 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 13 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 13 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 13 days ago
Coconut Covered Cranberry CCC Muffins
Posted on November 22, 2011
A group of five youth with autism from the Community Coaching Center, made kid-friendly CCC Muffins (Coconut Covered Cranberry Muffins) for a recipe contest hosted by Namaste Foods in which they won. This was one of many skill-building activities that CCC offers for youth with autism to connect with each other and their community. If you or a loved one eats a GFCF diet or has other food allergies, be sure to check out CCC supporters, Namaste Foods. They have a large variety of quick and simple allergy-friendly mixes that can be found at your local Whole Foods or Sprouts.
Visit CCC’s website at www.communitycoachingcenter.org for more information on their program and different ways that you can get involved.
¼ c oil
1 package of Namaste Muffin Mix
1 cup Cranberry Juice
1 cup dried cranberries
¾ cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl add two eggs.
4. Add ¼ cup oil.
5. Add 1 cup of cranberry juice.
6. Beat wet ingredients together with wooden spoon.
7. Mix in muffin mix.
8. Mix in dried cranberries.
9. Stir really well.
10. Fill each of the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
11. Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top of each muffin.
12. Place a cranberry in center of each muffin.
13. Place in oven for 12 minutes.
14. Muffin tops should be light golden and firm.
15. Remove muffin tray, place on a cooling rack.
16. Wait a few minutes until cooled off a bit, slice in half and spread on some jelly or whipped cream and enjoy!