- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 22 hours ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 8 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 13 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 13 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 15 days ago
Active Perrotti Wins Accolades In Class, and on Athletic Fields
Posted on October 3, 2011
Westview High School 9th Grader Jake Perrotti is athletically talented, academically inclined – and definitely a beach boy.
“My hobbies and interests must involve being active,” he said. “I got my first (surfing) longboard recently and I have fallen in love. It’s unlike skateboarding because of its smooth ride and cruising ability. And I love going to the beach, whether it’s with friends or family – so I can tackle the rough waves and relax in the sand.”
But there’s definitely a lot more to Perrotti than sand and surf.
- He was recognized for academic achievement and honors in the 2009-2010 school year and achieved the academic honor roll for the 2010-2011 school year at Mesa Verde Middle School.
- In Rancho Penasquitos Pop Warner football, he was awarded the All American Scholar recognition in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- He received a Palomar Conference PTA Annual Reflections Award for Achievement in Literature.
Plus, Perrotti – the son of Michael and Jennifer Perrotti of Rancho Penasquitos – is an accomplished lacrosse player, who was selected to represent the PQ Tigers in the conference all-star games the past two years (and twice played mid-fielder for Team San Diego in the Ski Town Shoot Out in Utah as well).
At Westview, he currently focuses on playing on the freshman football team and his new classes. “Westview has a great academic program and I’m proud to be a part of it,” said Perrotti, noting that his favorite subject is biology, which he expects to utilize one day in achieving a medical career.
“I have big expectations for myself and I hope to be successful this year on the field and in the classroom,” he said.
Name: Jake Perrotti
School: Westview High School
Parents: Michael and Jennifer Perrotti
Siblings: Sister (Jensen, 12)