- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 5 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 10 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 13 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 13 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 13 days ago
Laura Reindel’s Feta-Filled Chicken Breast
Posted on September 29, 2011
A resident of the Park Village neighborhood in Rancho Penasquitos, Laura Reindel is a member of the local Ladies Lunch group – which provides members with an opportunity to socialize and bond over a mid-day meal.
“Our members are always willing to try new recipes,” said Reindel. “I made the feta-filled chicken breasts for the group and they all seem to have liked it. I like using fresh tomatoes from my garden and fresh herbs too.”
Reindel, a married mother of two, is a real estate agent at Coldwell Banker in Rancho Bernardo , also belonged to an informal cooking club for about 10 years. When not in the kitchen or working, she enjoys mountain biking, running, skiing, tennis and hiking.
The Ladies Lunch group compiled many of the members’ favorite recipes into a cookbook to help defray medical costs for a member suffering from an illness. Requests for the $10 compilation can be emailed to email@example.com (see www.92129Magazine.com and search “cookbook” for more information on the group and the cookbook effort).
4 chicken breast halves, pre-marinated in lemon-pepper sauce
¼ c feta cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp ginger, minced
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
½ tsp cayenne pepper
6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
1. In the side of each chicken breast, make slit. Stuff one quarter of feta cheese into each pocket.
2. In large, non-stick skillet over high heat, warm olive oil.
3. Add chicken; saute on each side until nicely browned and cooked throughout, about 5-8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
4. Reduce heat to medium. In the same skillet, add ginger, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. Sauté one minute.
5. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they become sauce-like, about 6 minutes.
6. Stir in parsley, mint, sugar and salt.
7. Return chicken to pan; warm in pan for 1 minute.
8. Place chicken breast on serving platter.
9. Top with tomato sauce.