- Plan for Safety: Enjoying Hiking and Biking TrailsPosted 7 days ago
- Rolling Hills Park Gears up for Annual Picnic Fun and an Exciting Renovation Project!Posted 8 days ago
- Local Foundations Award Nearly $100,000Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- Posted 10 days ago
- Miss Poway Scholarship Pageant 2013 ResultsPosted 10 days ago
- 2Good2B Bakery & Café Lets Customers Eat Well and Still Stay Allergy-FreePosted 10 days ago
- Think Outside The TankPosted 11 days ago
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction Will Benefit Gregg’s GoalsPosted 11 days ago
- Reinventing the Plain White TEEPosted 12 days ago
Foundation Celebrates Pinktoberfest
Posted on September 21, 2011
Elizabeth Smider Foundation celebrates its 3rd annual metaplastic breast cancer fundraiser – Pinktoberfest! – at 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1 at the UCSD International House Great Hall, located at 9500 Gilman Drive in La Jolla.
The event will kick-off October as breast cancer awareness month. At the event, supporters will enjoy an evening of local wine, microbrews, dinner and live music. Tickets are available at Pinktoberfest.org.
The Elizabeth Smider Foundation is dedicated to research and awareness for rare and aggressive breast cancers, especially metaplastic breast cancer. It was started in honor of Elizabeth (Grenier) Smider, who fought this disease with grit and grace, and inspired many.