- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 15 hours ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 7 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 11 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 12 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 12 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 12 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 15 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 15 days ago
Smashburger PQ Location Opens Aug. 6
Posted on August 4, 2011
Smashburger, a fast-casual hamburger restaurant opens its fifth San Diego location in Rancho Penasquitos on Saturday, Aug. 6.
The new PQ restaurant is located at 13219 Black Mountain Road, Suite 7.
Named for the cooking method used to create delicious burgers, a Smashburger is 100 percent fresh Certified Angus Beef smashed on a flat grill – and served on a butter toasted artisan bun and topped with a selection of cheeses, produce, and condiments. Smashburger San Diego features a menu created with regional flavors and tastes in mind, including:
• The signature San Diego Smashburger featuring avocado, cilantro and onions, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and chipotle mayo on a torta roll, served with a wedge of lime.
• The BBQ Ranch chicken sandwich featuring grilled or crispy chicken breast with applewood smoked bacon, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato, bbq sauce and ranch dressing on an egg bun.
• The Sunset salad featuring a fresh mix of garden greens topped with strips of grilled or crispy chicken, sliced marinated balsamic tomatoes, raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, blue cheese, served with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
• Regional microbrews from San Diego-based breweries as well as wine from California-based wineries.
“We are excited to introduce Smashburger to people in Rancho Peñasquitos,” says Founder and Chief Concept Officer Tom Ryan. “Guests in our other restaurants in San Diego give us great feedback on our localized specialty menu.”
Smashburger also features chicken sandwiches, grilled and seared hotdogs, and salads — with an array of sides like veggie frites and rosemary and garlic–seasoned Smashfries. Guests can pair their meals with beer, wine, handspun Häagen-Dazs shakes, and root-beer floats.
“We can’t wait to share the ‘better burger’ experience with the Rancho Peñasquitos community this summer, “ said David Whisenhunt, San Diego franchise co-owner. “We hope that our fast service, great tasting burgers and unique cooking technique will continue to earn us rave reviews from San Diego residents. ”
San Diego’s other Smashburger restaurants are located in La Jolla, Del Mar, Mission Valley and Downtown’s East Village.