- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 4 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 10 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 15 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 15 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 15 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 17 days ago
NTSB Report Blames Coast Guard
Posted on July 13, 2011
A report released this week blamed the U.S. Coast Guard for a boat collision that killed a Rancho Penasquitos 3rd grader taking part in a family outing on San Diego Bay in 2009.
The Coast Guard vessel crashed into a pleasure craft during an annual holiday boat parade, fatally injuring 8-year-old Anthony DeWeese of Rancho Penasquitos. The report indicated that the USCG boat was traveling “considerably faster than a safe speed” at the time of the accident, according to the National Transportation Safety Board.
In addition, the NTSB report indicated the crew of the patrol craft had been using cell phones during the evening.