- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 6 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 10 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 10 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 11 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 11 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 11 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 14 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 14 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 14 days ago
New ME TIME Program Energizes Students, Benefits Parents
Posted on July 28, 2011
SHAPE A LIFE
A comprehensive before and after school program that ignites and energizes learning opportunities for students through daily exercise programs and outdoor activities. ME TIME is a solution for parents who want to enhance the quality of life for every member of the family.
“How we spend our time directly impacts the quality of life,” said founder and owner Walter D. Bush about the philosophy that drives ME TIME. “This is a new holistic concept that focuses on establishing a learning-centered environment where students receive quality constructive feedback on all activities and programs they experience.”
Bush said ME TIME is the result of several years of data-gathering, research and hosting focus groups with students and parents, culminating in the opening of the first site in San Diego in August 2011. Designed to serve elementary school students in grades two to five, ME TIME also provides shuttle service to pick up and drop off children at their home before and after school.
“Parents operate with a less demanding schedule by eliminating dropping off and picking their children from school every day,” said Bush, a San Diego resident for 30 years. “Parents today are overwhelmed balancing multiple demands in their personal and work lives. They are in desperate need of some time to pause and rejuvenate themselves. ME TIME provides parents the opportunity to achieve this goal.”
Students who participate in the ME TIME program have the opportunity to experience programs and activities in a variety of areas: Educational, recreational, cultural and daily physical fitness.
“ME TIME is the solution for parents who want to enhance the quality of life for every member of the family,” Bush explained. “Parents are naturally seeking every advantage they can find to better position their children for opportunities in their lives. ME TIME serves as a viable tool to assist parents in achieving this goal.”
Bush added that ME TIME has assembled a group of professionals with more than 70 years of teaching, personal centered growth, fitness and business experience collectively – and all are excited and committed to making a powerful difference in the lives of students who participate in the program.
“The ME TIME as a program has the powerful potential to address a number of challenges on multiple fronts that parents and students across America confront every day. We, as a society, have lost our way. We have seen the future; it is our past,” said Stanford Baddley, Director of Academic Support Programs and adjunct faculty member at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio.
“We truly believe that ME TIME will serve as a total package and answer many of the challenges and concerns that parents, educators, students and community leaders have sought for many years and obtained only limited results,” said Bush, who grew up in Akron, Ohio and attended Ohio State University – and compiled an extensive management background and experience during 30 years’ employment with the Mission Viejo Company, Nolte & Associates and Federal Express.
“With the ME TIME program, students gain the opportunity to participate in an exciting and challenging learning environment with their friends every day,” Bush said. “We must direct our energies and resources toward finding ways on how to re-establish the energy and excitement that once was a part of the learning process for children. We believe the approaches and strategies that will be utilized in the ME TIME program will be a critical first step toward achieving that goal.”
ME TIME Program Benefits:
- Become energized and excited about learning and outdoor activities.
- Gain critical thinking skills and become a better problem solver.
- Gain knowledge and fun facts through daily field trips.
- Gain an appreciation for reading and computers.
- Security and peace of mind that their children are safe and secure.
- Time for pampering, beauty and wellness.
- More individual time.
- Eliminates need to transport students.
- Opportunity to enter college or return to school.
- More time for career enhancement and advancement opportunities.