- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 4 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 10 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 15 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 15 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 15 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 17 days ago
3 Authors Featured at AAUW Event
Posted on April 28, 2011
Poway-Penasquitos Branch of American Association of University Women presents the 14th Annual “Cover to Cover” event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, at the Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club, 14050 Carmel Ridge Road.
This literary luncheon is the major fundraiser for the local organization, with proceeds used to sponsor local middle school girls at Tech Trek science camp and to provide scholarships for local re-entry college women.
The event will feature three authors:
- Greg Evans, an American cartoonist and the creator of syndicated comic strip “Luann”. He received the National Cartoonist Society Reuben Award for 2003 for the strip and has been nominated four other times for the same award.
- Caitlin Rother, who worked for nearly 20 years as an investigative reporter for daily newspapers and made dozens of television and radio appearances as a crime expert. Her newest book, “Dead Reckoning”, is a chilling read by a writer at the top of her game.
- Susan Goldstein, the author of several books with one feature book, “Hollywood Forever”, that has received many awards. Susan is a judge, attorney and author in Beverly Hills.
Cost to attend the event is $40 ($50 after April 25). To RSVP, contact Betsy Kostas at 858-679-7339 or email@example.com.