- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
Three Authors Featured at AAUW Event
Posted on March 29, 2011
Poway-Penasquitos Branch of American Association of University Women presents the 14th Annual “Cover to Cover” event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, at the Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club, 14050 Carmel Ridge Road.
This literary luncheon is the major fundraiser for the local organization, with proceeds used to sponsor local middle school girls at Tech Trek science camp and to provide scholarships for local re-entry college women.
The event will feature three authors:
- Greg Evans, an American cartoonist and the creator of syndicated comic strip “Luann”. He received the National Cartoonist Society Reuben Award for 2003 for the strip and has been nominated four other times for the same award.
- Caitlin Rother, who worked for nearly 20 years as an investigative reporter for daily newspapers and made dozens of television and radio appearances as a crime expert. Her newest book, “Dead Reckoning”, is a chilling read by a writer at the top of her game.
- Susan Goldstein, the author of several books with one feature book, “Hollywood Forever”, that has received many awards. Susan is a judge, attorney and author in Beverly Hills.
Cost to attend the event is $40 ($50 after April 25). To RSVP, contact Betsy Kostas at 858-679-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.