- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 1 day ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 8 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 13 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 13 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 15 days ago
Think Pink & Blue Event Honors Mickelsons
Posted on March 15, 2011
Men Against Breast Cancer (MABC) is honoring Phil and Amy Mickelson at the 8th Think Pink & Blue Fashion Event and Awards on April 8 at Neiman Marcus in Fashion Valley.
“This is a great way to raise awareness of breast cancer and the important role men play in being a caring and supportive partner when the family is faced with a diagnosis of breast cancer,” said Lena Evans, noted philanthropist and host of the event. “As Mrs. Mickelson has battled breast cancer since 2009, the Mickelson family has taken their battle public to raise awareness and to make a difference in the lives of families across the country. Phil and Amy Mickelson have displayed grace and dignity serving as role models for how to face and navigate the crisis of breast cancer.”
Because of their active involvement, commitment, and advocacy to impact and improve the quality of life of patients and families, the Mickelsons will receive the Gloria Heyison Inspiration Award. The award is named in honor of Men Against Breast Cancer President/Founder Marc Heyison’s mother, a breast cancer survivor since 1992.
Men Against Breast Cancer is the nation’s first and only national non-profit whose mission is to educate and empower men to be effective caregivers when breast cancer strikes a female loved one. Our ribbon is pink and blue to symbolize that this battle is one we must face together as partners. MABC offers educational information and programs to families battling breast cancer—including its Partners in Survival™ workshop held in partnership with health care institutions and organizations across the country.
For more information on the event, visit www.menagainstbreastcancer.org.