- Plan for Safety: Enjoying Hiking and Biking TrailsPosted 8 days ago
- Rolling Hills Park Gears up for Annual Picnic Fun and an Exciting Renovation Project!Posted 9 days ago
- Local Foundations Award Nearly $100,000Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- Posted 10 days ago
- Miss Poway Scholarship Pageant 2013 ResultsPosted 10 days ago
- 2Good2B Bakery & Café Lets Customers Eat Well and Still Stay Allergy-FreePosted 11 days ago
- Think Outside The TankPosted 11 days ago
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction Will Benefit Gregg’s GoalsPosted 11 days ago
- Reinventing the Plain White TEEPosted 13 days ago
Renaissance Village Academy Celebrates Pi Day
Posted on March 7, 2011
Renaissance Village Academy is celebrating International Pi Day on March 19 at its facility, located at 9988 Hibert St., #301 in the Scripps Ranch area of San Diego.
International Pi Day is actually on March 14 – which coincides with Albert Einstein’s birthday – but since that is a school day, RVA moved its free event to the weekend.
The celebration – scheduled for 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – includes measuring circumferences and diameters of various circles, including Julian apple pies, and singing Pi Day carols while enjoying the treats.
Renaissance Village Academy is a new option for parents interested in challenging their gifted, profoundly gifted, and highly motivated children and students tired of being bored at school. More information is available by calling 858-564-9622 or visiting www.rva.us.com.
Pi, Greek letter, is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March 14 (Pi = 3.1415926535…). For more information, visit www.PiDay.org.