- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 18 hours ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 8 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 12 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 13 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 13 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 13 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 15 days ago
Final Accused Coast Guardsman Enters Plea
Posted on March 30, 2011
A Coast Guard enlisted man pleaded guilty Tuesday to dereliction of duty in the 2009 crash in San Diego Bay that killed an 8-year-old Rancho Penasquitos boy.
In a military proceeding held at Camp Pendleton, Petty Officer 2nd Class Ian Howell was sentenced to be reduced in rank, restricted to base for a month, and have his pay reduced by two-thirds for a month. Charges of negligent homicide and assault were dropped.
PQ’s Anthony DeWeese was killed on Dec. 20, 2009 when the 33-foot Coast Guard vessel collided with a civilian boat.
Last week, Petty Officer 3rd Class Paul Ramos, 22, was sentenced to three months confinement, reduction in rank and a temporary pay reduction after being convicted by a court-martial jury of dereliction of duty. Ramos, who was driving the boat, was acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and other charges.