- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 4 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 10 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 15 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 15 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 15 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 17 days ago
YMCA Launches ‘Partner with Youth’ Fundraising Campaign
Posted on February 3, 2011
Rancho Family YMCA in Rancho Penasquitos launches an aggressive 2011 fundraising campaign in February, designed to raise $225,000 to meet the needs of more than 250 youths and adults .
Chaired by Steve O’Kane, this year’s Partner with Youth program is designed to enable the YMCA to impact the community throughout youth development, a focus on healthy living, and a sense of social responsibility. “The Partner with Youth campaign provides opportunities for individuals to share their own YMCA stories in our community,” O’Kane said. “All of the funds raised stay at your YMCA to support and develop programs that reinforce the YMCA’s mission. I am honored to serve as the chair of the fundraising program.”
The campaign officially begins Feb. 2 when more than 120 community volunteers kick off the program, with a special address by former San Diego television news personality Carol LeBeau. LeBeau, who grew up in the YMCA, is passionate about the Y’s cause to strengthen the foundation of the community.
This year’s annual fundraiser is designed to directly assist youth and families in the local service area with:
- The inclusion of children with disabilities and special needs in programs and camps.
- Provide direct financial assistance for youth and families experiencing financial hardships in our service area to participate in programs such as camps, sports leagues, swimming lessons, gymnastics, health and fitness classes.
- Prevention of childhood illness with the “Fit Kids and Families” program in conjunction with our local schools. Examples include physical education programs, playground partners, Ride Across California and sport clinics.
Rancho Family YMCA serves the communities of Rancho Penasquitos, Rancho Bernardo, 4S Ranch, Del Sur, Poway, Mira Mesa, and other surrounding neighborhoods.
For more information, or to volunteer for the upcoming fundraising effort — or to make a direct donation pledge — contact the Rancho Family YMCA at 858-484-8788, ext. 218 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.