- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 4 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 5 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 11 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 15 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 16 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 16 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 17 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 17 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 17 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 18 days ago
PQ’s Christmas Card Lane Again Attracting Crowds
Posted on December 20, 2010
Christmas Card Lane in Rancho Penasquitos – located in the area around Oviedo Street off Black Mountain Road – is now in full swing for the holidays.
Featuring an estimated 200 decorated homes, the viewing typically begins at dusk and continues until 10 p.m. through Dec. 31. Among the streets with homes featuring displays: Twin Trails, Carmel Mountain Road, Ellingham Street, Renato Street, Twin Trails Drive, Barrymore Street, Totherham Avenue, Talca Avenue, Talca Court, Allenbrook Way, Davenport Avenue, and Amber Sky Lane.
Christmas Card Lane was started in 1985 by PQ resident Alana Hastings as a way to share the Christmas spirit with neighbors and friends, with about 15 families along Ellingham Street participating.
School and scouting organizations often sell baked goods and hot chocolate as fundraisers in the neighborhood.