- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 9 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 13 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 14 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 14 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 14 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 16 days ago
Poway Schools Await Governor’s Signature for $6.3 Million
Posted on September 6, 2010
Poway Unified School District is scheduled to receive $6.3 million in funding from the federal jobs bill (intended to spare teacher positions from elimination), according to a new online posting by the California Department of Education.
That’s the third highest amount for any district in San Diego County, behind San Diego schools and Sweetwater schools.
But while California legislators voted to disburse the $1.2 billion in funding to schools statewide, the bill still awaits Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s signature.