- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 4 days ago
- Upcoming Events from PQYSA Recreational SoccerPosted 5 days ago
- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 11 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 14 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 15 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 15 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 16 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 16 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 16 days ago
- Hustle & Bustle A Day in the Life of County Supervisor Dave RobertsPosted 18 days ago
Making Sushi with the owner of Fujiyama Sushi
Posted on April 30, 2010
It becomes clear the moment that you step into Fujiyama Sushi that Kevin, the owner, has a passion for great sushi.
Kevin has owned and operated Fujiyama Sushi, located in Rancho Bernardo at 15817 Bernardo Center Drive, for over seven years.
“I started Fujiyama Sushi because I wanted to be able to personally interact with my customers, meet new people, and serve them great sushi,” explains Kevin. “Compared to other types of restaurants, sushi restaurants are one of the few that people sit at a bar to eat” — and that is what it is all about for Kevin.
Although Kevin’s favorite type of sushi is sashimi (all types of sashimi), he quickly points out that the majority of his customers eat nigiri sushi (with rice) and sushi rolls. In fact, Fujiyama has many custom rolls that are very popular with his regular guests. A couple of the favorites are the Fujiyama Roll (spciy tuna, cucumber, gobo with lobster tempura on top) and the Kobe Special Roll (Bulgogi beef on a California Roll baked with dynamite sauce).
According to Kevin, the secret to great sushi is in the careful preparation of the freshest ingredients (including the rice).
Fujiyama Sushi is open Monday through Saturday. They have regular specials such as $1 beer on Mondays, $1 hot sake on Saturdays, and “buy 3 rolls & get 1 free” everyday! All customers need do is mention 92127 Magazine when visiting the popular restaurant.