- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
Great News! For California Home Buyers
Posted on April 29, 2010
In late March, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed legislation that will provide a state tax credit of up to $10,000 to Californians who are buying their first home or purchasing a brand new home.
New Home Tax Credit & First-Time Buyer Tax Credit:
A qualified principal residence must:
- Be a single family residence, either detached or attached
- Be eligible for the California property tax homeowner’s exemption, and
- Be occupied by the taxpayer as their principal residence for a minimum of 2 years immediately following the purchase of the home
In addition, for buyers to be eligible for the New Home Tax Credit, sellers must certify that the property has never been occupied. For purposes of the First-Time Buyer Credit, a first-time buyer is any individual who has not owned a home in the three years prior to purchase.
Taxpayers will not be eligible for either tax credit if the taxpayer (1) was allowed a 2009 New Home Credit, (2) is under 18 years old, (3) is related to the seller (or if the taxpayer’s spouse is related), or (4) is a dependent.
Close of escrow dates between May 1, 2010, and before January 1, 2011. The credit is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and maybe limited in supply.
Please contact us for more information!
Jeff Ciccarella & Eric Olsen – Loan Officers
General Mortgage Corporation