- Summer Fun at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San DiegoPosted 4 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 9 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 9 days ago
- Peñasquitos Emergency Response Council (PERC) Presents 2013 Class SchedulePosted 9 days ago
- Local Teen Band Half Moon Portrait to Perform At Flippin’ PizzaPosted 12 days ago
- Rancho Peñasquitos Professional Pet Sitter to Teach Pet CPR, First Aid & CarePosted 12 days ago
- Mt. Carmel High School Football FundraiserPosted 12 days ago
OUTDOOR LIVING – Turn Your Backyard Into an Entertainment Headquarters
Posted on December 29, 2009
More and more people are using their backyards as additional living space. San Diego’s climate is ideal for year round outside entertainment.
Turning your backyard into an entertainment headquarters may be less expensive and easier than you think. However, there are a few very important things to consider before you jump into any type of home or backyard remodel.
CREATE A BUDGET. Proper financial planning can eliminate future headaches.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE. Determine your future needs for your family and outdoor entertainment. Even if you create your backyard masterpiece in phases, you may be able to save big bucks by planning for proper layout and construction.
HIRE A LICENSED CONTRACTOR. Start your project off right and protect your investment by hiring an experienced and reputable licensed contractor. Check your contractor’s references and ask to see previous work if practical.
Drought Tolerance is another thing to consider when planning your backyard makeover. With the current water shortage, it pays to work with a contractor that specializes in drought tolerance. Knowledgeable and proper construction of hardscape, combined with intelligent irrigation and the correct selection of vegetation, will prove to be both attractive and cost effective for years to come.
The Lamprides Group
CA License #663543